Need some help guys. I bought a CAT 299D XHP as a non-running project and I'm in the process of putting it back together. Most of the lines that connect to the hydraulic pumps under the cab are disconnected. Is there any possible way someone could snap a picture of the right and left sides of their hydraulic pumps under the cab for reference for me? That would be a huge help. FYI...the service manual for this thing is around $900, so I'm no really looking to blow almost a $1000 bucks in order to figure out how some lines are routed. Thanks in advance!
Service manual segments can be purchased individually. Just buy the segments that you'll need, but the cat parts store online has all the parts diagrams, for free.
Just snapped a few screen shots from parts.
A Service Manual would probably not be the best choice regarding connecting hydraulic lines. Less than $100 would get you a Parts Manual on CD or pdf download that would be a far better option IMHO, plus it will serve you well for future spare parts identification. Got to the link below and put in your machine Serial Number or the S/N prefix (as a heads up there are 8 different prefixes of 299D), and see what it throws up. https://catpublications.com/Search
Have your favorite Cat dealer set you up here https://parts.cat.com/en/catcorp Should be no charge.
I use SIS on a regular basis not only to find parts but how it goes together. Now if you can sweet talk your parts guy he'll give you the mechanics R&R instructions.
I put in my serial number "GTC00708" and it didn't come up with any results. I'll talk to my CAT dealer about a Parts Manual.
Also I'm wondering if the parts manual will show how the hyd lines plumb directly into the pump? Looking at the machine from the front, the right side of the rear most pump is what I'm most concerned about.
Cat's search instructions...prefix only...comes up with parts manual and O&M manual.
Wot he said ......... just put in GTC instead of the full S/N. Also click the check box on the LH side for English publications. Parts Manual SEBP6867 ($89), Operation & Maintenance Manual SEBU9084 ($86). If you put 299D in the search box and check the box for English it comes up with 9 documents ...... Even if you go with getting SIS via your local dealer an O&M Manual is well worthwhile having, especially on something like a skid steer where the number of options and different controls are enough to make your head spin - IMHO.
In this state an O&M book is required to be in the cab anytime the machine is running anyway. It used to be around here that having a parts account got you access to SIS. I don't know if that is true anymore.
Any way I can get a left-side view of the main pump?
these are all I could find in parts
That's what I'm talking about Mark! Excellent! On the second image, could you get a closer picture of the left and right hand sides of the pump?
Do the two left most black lines, in the main grouping of lines in the second photo, go to the left or right final drive?
Excellent! Thanks for sending these over. I'll update later on and let you know how the assembly goes.