I have a Ford/New Holland 2120 tractor and I changed the hydraulic filter (did not fill it before install) now I have air in the system. I opened the fill plug on the reservoir and cracked a line on the FEL then raised the FEL to a high point. The cracked line clearly showed bubbles but I can’t seem to get things to operate properly. Very jerky and the pump sounds odd (cavitation). Any suggestions?
That’s very strange as there are not many instances, that you have to bleed a hydraulic system. I would say keep operating it and it will work its way out. What exactly kind of tractor is it and is it hydrostatic?
My Massey 1428 has bleeder screw in the system for bleeding air after hyd. filter screen service. Locate an owners/ maintenance manual maybe similar device.
Got it sorted. So I installed a NAPA filter that was listed for 2120 tractors BUT The filter was good for tractors up to 1995. Mine is 1996. Removed it and installed an OEM filter. no further issues.
Thank you for giving us the follow up, not many do and it always helps others, when looking for the same issue.