Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

help crossing referencing a seal

hammerdwn20 ยท 2018-04-08 20:16

Looking for a national A1805-b-600. Ive look at numerous cross reference guides and this is not listed. This is part of a final drive for an excavator i just bought. Frank

Replies14
  1. #1Wes J2018-04-08 21:29

    Seals are pretty much standard jelly bean parts. Outter diameter, inner diameter, width, description should be all you need to find a replacement. FYI, they are almost all metric.

  2. #2walkerv2018-04-08 23:19

    Are you positive it says 600 on the end I dug thru all my downloads and can't find it either you may have to get it from the dealer maybe a proprietary part still

  3. #3hammerdwn202018-04-09 17:59
  4. #4hammerdwn202018-04-09 18:01

    Well the problem is the company is out of business so a dealer does not exist anymore. its a hyhoe 685b

  5. #5walkerv2018-04-09 18:27

    I would try contacting timken with the seal number or try taking it to someplace like motion industries so they can measure it and match it up

  6. #6joe--h2018-04-10 14:07

    measure the OD, width & shaft diameter. OD & ID are critical, how thick might not matter depending on the opening. Joe H

  7. #7hammerdwn202018-04-10 20:08

    Not so much the size thats the issue. its the style of seal. with 3 lips facing one direction and another the opposite way with a garter spring. Cant find any that match it looking at seal manufacturers cross sections.

  8. #8walkerv2018-04-10 21:11

    It looks a lot like a unitized hub seal of today just an old style. I would still at least call motion and see if they can find the number

  9. #9hammerdwn202018-04-10 21:21

    I thought it looked like a hub seal also. going to try to get over there with the seal this week.

  10. #10f311fr12018-04-10 21:53

    Look at Harwal Seals

  11. #11DMiller2018-04-14 08:06

    Any POSSIBLE way to get the old Hyhoe P/N? This may be a replacement for a packing style seal of years ago. The heavy wear ring on the inside is a giveaway there.

  12. #12hammerdwn202018-04-14 08:38

    Hyhoe part # matches whats on the seal. I have the parts manual and also checked someone else parts manual for a 690 and numbers are identical. looking at the seal I'm under the impression the seal is stationary on the shaft and its the outside of the seal that rotates in the metal sleeve thats pressed into the housing. The final drive housing is made by Rockwell. Model T282 D 1 Which also seems to be hard to find info on. I thought maybe looking at a breakdown of their parts might lead to a different part number but thats also a dead end road. I have a few local bearing a seal distributors near me I'm going to try. Kind of interested in an SKF mud block seal as a replacement but find no listings on sizes offered.

  13. #13DMiller2018-04-14 08:42

    Did some deep searching, the P/N initial numbers are Rockwell by the numbers not Federal or National. May have been superseded who knows how many times. The A1805 is the tracker on the number. The p/n shown may only be 1/3 of the total package seal as to why it does not show up in interchanges. A set of measurements may help and could drive it down into a few seals types/sizes. I found some of my info here: http://www.norfolkbearings.com/products/timken/TIMKEN-NATIONAL-SEALS.pdf

  14. #14DMiller2018-04-14 09:20

    Is typical of heavy machine seals, works to keep contaminants out, oil or grease in. Many used Bladder type seals in these apps.