Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help finding a Dynahoe 490 Transmission Filter

Log Dog ยท 2022-06-30 12:35

Anyone know what filter manufacturer this transmission filter Part #91107920 cross references to? it's in a 1988 Dynahoe 490 It looks like it hasn't been serviced in years so I'm very leary taking it apart to see if there is a number on it. Just my luck it would fall apart and the number would be unreadable and then I'm really stuck until I find something that would fit.

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-06-30 22:27

    It is most likely a metal clad filter and won't fall a part. If no-one gives you a number on HEF. Take it out and look for a number Was the filter info on Yesterdays Tractor forum the wrong one ? You never posted back on there if it did or didn't. hector gemme is a member here and if I remember correctly he overhauled a transmission like yours. Send him a PM and see if he responds.

  2. #2Log Dog2022-07-01 11:07

    I'm sorry, I should have replied, my bad. The filter diameter was too large. It came out to approx 4" dia and the filter cartridge container is less than 4" dia. I don't know about the metal clad design as I've never seen a cartridge style filter with one. Tank filters will most likely gave one. This filter will only have about 5 GPM of low pressure 10wt oil flowing through it. In my case it will be Dexron III. If the filter container didn't look so bad on the outside like it hadn't been touched in years, then absolutely, I would have taken it down and looked for a number. Also, from what I've seen so far, these remote filters are all different depending on the brand of machine and room/location. Beginning to believe that there are no two alike ever though the transmissions are the same. I'll give Hector a PM and see if he can help. Thanks for getting back to me!