Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help identifying…

bmxdarcy ยท 2008-12-18 00:06

In cleaning out some stuff lying around for my grandmother, I came across some turbos, injectors, and an injector pump that I assume were for my grandfather's Fiatallis FD30. My grandfather and the FD30 are gone, so I thought I'd try eBay, after I get some more info on them. As you can see the original badge is damaged, so I couldn't google a complete part number. I haven't found any paperwork to go along with these either, but I would like to say it is safe to assume these have all been rebuilt. So I'm asking a little help, in searching for FD30 parts I cannot find the part numbers, etc. Thanks :drinkup

Replies19
  1. #1bmxdarcy2008-12-19 21:48

    no one?

  2. #2Northart2008-12-19 22:20

    ID Help ? Try calling Minnpar.com in Minneapolis . 1-800-889-3382 Explain what you are trying to do. Technical Support ought to be of some help.

  3. #3bmxdarcy2008-12-19 23:52

    Thank you! Anyone know if these dozers still used much in the industry or are they just relics?

  4. #4Northart2008-12-20 02:00

    FD 30 parts The Fiat Allis 21C dozer became the 300Hp FD 30 . The FD 30 was discontinued in 1989. Here is a FD 30 parts book I found on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/FIAT-ALLIS-PART...temQQimsxZ20081219?IMSfp=TL081219118009r36123 Machinery Trader had a couple machines advertised. Might call these people up, to see if they are interested in the parts. Champion Mat'rls, N.Y. ph 315-493-2654 The attached photo is theirs. Nash Equip. N.H. ph 603-237-8733

  5. #5Northart2008-12-20 02:15

    Fiat Allis Parts source One last Fiat Allis source for you. In Illinois at that. www.illiniparts.com/images/homeoff Just do what it say, "click here" for the page , it comes up.

  6. #6bmxdarcy2008-12-20 13:24

    you guys have been an immense help. i'll let you know how it goes!

  7. #7ben46a2008-12-20 15:14

    Hmm, thats a V8 pump. Never saw a V8 in any Allis crawlers. Could be international, and depending what it is i may be interested in it for a duramax...

  8. #8ben46a2008-12-20 15:16

    could also be perkins.......... Turbo is much to small for a 250+ hp machine.

  9. #9bmxdarcy2008-12-20 15:22

    this is a twin turbo set up, and i do have both turbos

  10. #10Northart2008-12-20 16:48

    Injection Pump ID You need the data off both plates on the fuel injection pump, for a Bosch dealer to identify. Try these folks in Illinois, an Authorized Bosch Service Center.:usa http://www.mwfi.com/ You can research( I use Google ) turbo sources the same way. For your turbocharger Identity.

  11. #11ben46a2008-12-20 21:27

    The more i look at it it looks like an 8 cylinder "P" pump.

  12. #12dirthog2008-12-22 08:38

    Fd 30 The FD30 had the option of either a cummins or a v8 iveco engine in them that pump and turbo is off the iveco engine they did not run too bad but did have some head problems and were a real bear if you had to replace the starter that was almost a all day job

  13. #13fiatallisguy2011-12-29 01:05

    I know this might be a long shot with it being such an old thread but do you still have them?

  14. #14bmxdarcy2011-12-29 11:39

    The turbos are gone, going on a mustang or a bel air project I guess. Sounded crazy to me but not my deal. I still have the pump and injectors though.

  15. #15rvilene2012-01-21 16:15

    can anybody tell me if a cat engine, 1988 3406 will fit in a D7G? The Cat is missing the engine and I have access to a 3406 with only 670 Hrs

  16. #16Bluox2012-01-23 02:04

    No.

  17. #17Igor Parts2012-01-23 11:16

    That is a V8 injection pump like Ben said. The model is Iveco 8285 V8, twin turbo engine that Fiat did use as well as Cummins in the FD30 machines.

  18. #18rvilene2012-01-23 18:34

    Thanks Bluox

  19. #19Sumner2012-03-17 12:30

    I happened to stumble across this thread while searching for parts for my dozer. Is any of this stuff still available? I could really use the injection pump and injectors. Thanks