Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help Identifying Small Old Dozer

7GP · 2013-01-27 21:39

Our neighbor picked up a small older dozer the other day. Any ideas reguarding a make or model on this guy? Any help is appreciated.

Replies13
  1. #1mitch5042013-01-27 22:12

    Strick, maybe?

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2013-01-27 23:11

    Looks like Strick, or one of the other ones you could build yourself from plans bought through mail order. They advertised in Popular Mechanics and similar magazines. Maybe ??

  3. #3willie592013-01-27 23:30

    The dozer I know nothing about, but that engine looks like a noisy single cylinder Wisconsin.

  4. #4Scrub Puller2013-01-28 00:09

    Yair . . . Not a Ransomes? Cheers

  5. #5JGS Parts2013-01-28 00:18

    Never seen a Kit dozer before if that is what it is. gotta love the chair

  6. #6Scrub Puller2013-01-28 01:31

    Yair . . . C'mon JGS Parts . Is there anyone in the world who hasn't seen these? http://www.struckcorp.com/ Cheers.

  7. #7CRAFT2013-01-28 01:44

    I Think it's "Cute" ….lol

  8. #8bar tl2013-01-28 02:02

    not much for looks but better than the shovel he was using before it was bought new.

  9. #9JGS Parts2013-01-28 02:17

    Well sorry Scrub Puller Mate i have never seen one before i had seen a little D21 machines and things like that but not Kit dozers. last dozer i saw as nasty looking as this was a little Mini Chinese YTO dozer and i would run as fast as my legs would carry me from any YTO dozer.

  10. #10Scrub Puller2013-01-28 07:37

    Yair . . . That Magnatrac outfit have been advertising their kits in "Popular Mechanics' magazine as long as I can remember. It must be over forty years now and they are still in business so they have cornered a little niche market and must be doing something right . . . I think they have a few Vids on Youtube. Cheers.

  11. #11robin yates uk2013-01-28 09:34

    I watched a couple of magnatec vids, same as big machines, there are good operators and bad.The bad guys spoil a machine whilst a good one makes it

  12. #12Knocker of rock2013-01-28 13:51

    Windolph's from Portland Oregon were another brand of old mini dozers: http://ronfoo.com/museum/windolph.html

  13. #137GP2013-01-28 19:03

    Thanks for the help guys. After searching a bunch of different terms I believe it is an Agricat garden crawler from the 40's or 50's.