I was online a year ago or so and someone showed me a picture of an absolutely enormous excavator. It had to be at least a 1500 series (I've seen a Komatsu 1250 and it was bigger than that!) It had flat crane crawler tracks and a huge shear mounted on the stick in place of the bucket. Looked like it was working in Japan on a demo project. If memory serves it had a Sumitomo brand name on it. I'm looking for pictures or information on it, that thing was friggin huge. Thanks!
Hello Tom.allen2010. Welcome to the HEF This excavator, it sounds like it is a one off build or something similar, so it may not be easy to find on the internet, however with the wealth of knowledge on this forum it most likely will be found. Crane tracks? I gotta see this thing.... Is it something like this Cat 5110B? It was posted a while ago on this forum. ( HeavyEquipmentForums ) In the mean time, I shall see what I can find.
Hello again Tom.allen2010, My searching has not revealed a Sumitomo monster. It has revealed a Kobelco beast, are any of these like what you mean? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-pTkB5lPsfk# ! Assembly of a Kobelco SK3500D demo excavator. A pic of a 3500D Kobelco. Under is a link to the specification sheet from Kobelco of the 3500D machine. 65.03 meters reach. http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...sg=AFQjCNHFcuXuz7_aDh9cOkPiJaE7Uc_cOQ&cad=rja
Wow that thing is just ridiculous. I'd hate to see it get stuck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=MqS7mu1t_H8 Here's a video of it working with a 1600 kobelco. It doesn't really do much until the end.