Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help identifying the year of this ford 9000

GCC ยท 2011-04-11 12:54

Hello one of my friends just bought a farm and found this among other things in a field it starts right up no problm shifts in and out of gears easy but dont know the year hes in the process trying to find the owner ship. He wants to sell it to me for $1000 it needs work. what year do you think it is.

Replies3
  1. #1Willis Bushogin2011-04-11 13:25

    It appears to be a Ford Aeromax hood, maybe not. I have and still own alot of Fords, just from the single headlight, Im thinking late 80's. Look in the drivers door jam and see if you can find a decal I think Fords has their vin number stamped in the forward chassis, drivers side Whats the engine? Look inside the cab, find the air brake parking brake, is it a push button or a up and down lever? Up and down levers were replaced with the push button, late 80's. I have a 1984 L9000 tandem, ex state dump truck, it has the up and down lever. I hope you get a title before you pay the guy, unless its a parts truck Good luck, if you are planning on fixing the truck and putting it on the highway, you might need to find another truck

  2. #2jeff 312011-04-11 15:16

    I pretty sure it's 85 or 86. I worked for a company that had an 86 88 and 89 and the 88 and 89 had the for circular emblem on the front where the 86 had ford stamped across the grill like the one in the picture. Hope this narrows it out a little for you.

  3. #3GCC2011-04-11 15:28

    ok so we found the ownership and it an 74 and the box you see in the pictures is just sitting on there