Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

help im stuck on this one 624 john deer loader

nwomobileserice ยท 2013-12-14 13:35

624 John Deere rubber tire loader the parking brake won't release I don't seem to have any power at the pbv and I put a new valve in it . is there a way to disable it so I can get it in to shop it -30 out side and the blower motor went to so the cab is cold to ... I have power at the pressher switch but I don't seem to have any thing at the valve :Banghead

Replies7
  1. #1Knocker of rock2013-12-14 13:43

    Could the pads be frozen to the drum?

  2. #2nwomobileserice2013-12-14 13:52

    no the problem is the computer wont let it go in to gear until it sees the parking break has been turned off its a presser switch that I think sends a signal to the computer I don't have a wiring digram would love to see one im kind of hitting a brick wall now

  3. #3nwomobileserice2013-12-14 13:57

    I also have the dash apart and have power at the switch

  4. #4Tinkerer2013-12-14 15:31

    Is there any way you could hook a porta-power to the valve and release the brake. I have seen it done on dozer brakes when the engines wouldn't run.

  5. #5excavator2013-12-14 16:42

    If the park brake release solenoid (#5 in the parts diagram) is bad the computer will not allow any voltage to get to it. Is this the part that you have changed? What series 624 is it? H, J or K?

  6. #6nwomobileserice2013-12-14 19:51

    624h Ser # DW624h582445 yea I put a new one in yesterday but I don't seem to have power there after spending a few hours I got the main blower motor changed out so yay the cab now has heat

  7. #7Oxbow2013-12-14 22:15

    I don't know anything about those, but I have had relays cause me a great amount of grief in the past. They are easy to swap and inexpensive to replace, might be worth a shot?