Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help – its stuck

bob snyder ยท 2009-09-26 17:01

hI THERE , jUST BOUGHT A 60XT CASE SKID STEER . Runs great but after 20 hours it wont move on the left side I get about 6" front to back .The otherside works OK.I live in Northern SASK and Heavydutie Mech. are a rairity.I gather it is iether the park brake or chain??:beatsme.I guess first thing is to pull off the inspection panal and take a look see.Cant find the plug to put oil back in the chain case, any ideas? If thats not it I guess I have to lift the cab and check linkages and park brake.Besides the two bolts on the rear of the cab , is there any linkages , wires , ect that have to be disconected before lifting the cab? The machine has a total of 900 hrs on it ,shouldnt be having this problem? :BangheadThanks for any info i can get, i need it , hahaha.Maybe someone wants to come here and help fix it , Ill take ya fishing

Replies29
  1. #1Willis Bushogin2009-09-26 18:12

    tracking I am not familiar with this unit, but I had a Case 1840 and it got where it wont want to move, just a few inches. It was the wheel bearings, I removed the hub and took the old bearings out, went to Napa and got new bearings, races and seal. A bunch cheaper than Case. I think my filler plug was on the side of the frame area, remove the drain plug and check for metal, if it is this, you will need to clean the chain cavity out good. Drain it and wash out the area with solvent and wipe out the best you can. I always used 90W for this, but I think the manual says 40W. This is pretty easy to do, just watch what you remove. If the chain it too tight, it will cause the bearings to fail quicker Good Luck

  2. #2bob snyder2009-09-26 19:39

    Thanks for the reply, the 60xt is quite a bit differant than the 1840, I had one of those too.How much play should the chain have in it ?Im sure its not a bearing because it moves 6" either way and just stops like if a pin wasnt realesing or sumpin.Or maybe the chains bound?:beatsmeThe right side works perfect ( for now )Heading out for a fishing tournament tommorow for a week , worry about it when i return.Thanks again

  3. #3bob snyder2009-09-26 22:33

    bmp

  4. #4willie592009-09-26 22:36

    Well, I don't mind being the dummy here (this could get interesting), what is bmp?

  5. #5Abscraperguy2009-09-27 00:01

    How far are you from Carrot River? There is a good mechanic shop there. I've used them and they do good work. Reimer Enterprise is the name at 306 768 3783 and Earl is the guy to talk to.

  6. #6alrman2009-09-27 04:27

    Sounds like it's a park brake problem - they are a pin which locates in a disc attatched to the drive motor. Remove the chain case cover on that side & see what happens when you move the safety bar up & down. Could be a siezed cable. The cab should lift after you remove the 2 x rear bolts - thats if the assist struts are ok - or else it's a 2 man job to lift her.

  7. #7bob snyder2009-09-27 10:15

    Short for BUMP , to move the tread back up into the limelite ( action )

  8. #8bob snyder2009-09-27 10:24

    Thats what i thought too,so pulling the cover off is no problen, specially if i can get at the park brack that way.Then i may not have to lift the cab.Where do you put the oil back in after you drain the chain case??I looked but couldnt see:beatsme THANKS SOOOOO much for your help:notworthy

  9. #9willie592009-09-27 10:57

    Hmm, didn't think of that. bob, gggraham would know your machine, he's a Case mechanic in Ontario. You might try sending him a private message and get his attention.

  10. #10alrman2009-09-27 17:15

    You will have to lift the cab. It's the only way to get to the cables - it only takes a minute - btw you lift the cab with loader frame raised & safety bar in. The oil level is the plug on the side - drain is under machine at rear - there should be only about 7or 8 litres of oil in it - you should get the side cover off without draining the oil.

  11. #11KSSS2009-09-27 17:26

    There are no cables on the XT series. The 1800 series has cables. The braking system on these does not use the pin system. That is an 1800 series creation.

  12. #12alrman2009-09-27 17:34

    I can assure you all the 60xt skid I've seen are cable brake - here in Australia:beatsme Do US spec units only have hydraulic option??? If so, machine would not move 6 inches - it would be locked up & not move at all........

  13. #13willie592009-09-27 22:29

    I was curious so I checked the N American online parts, alrman. It show both mechanical (that you pictured) as well as hyd acutated brakes. Seems it could be either way on his machine. I agree with ya, raise the cab and you'll find out right quick which one it is. If there are cables in there, they're mechanical brakes.

  14. #14KSSS2009-09-28 14:19

    Now that you post that, I believe that push button (hyd. brakes) were an option. My 70XT had that which is why I knew that there were no cables on it and I wrongly assumed that all were that way.

  15. #15bob snyder2009-10-05 19:00

    :drinkupJust returned from the last fishing tourny of the year , so a little behind Thanks for the info , tommorow I will take thr inspection cover off and take a look see , IF IT DOSNT SNOW , CRAP.Ill let you know what i find , the way this weeks going , itll probably be bad , hehehe.Blew the motor on my boat on Monday:BangheadIsnt life grand , hehehe:Banghead

  16. #16rpctsv2009-10-05 19:28

    My guess is bad drive motors.You check your hydraulic oil level?

  17. #17bob snyder2009-10-05 20:22

    YUP, alls good , the drive motors work ,its just something is stopping it from moving on the left like a pin not disengaging or sumpin:beatsme

  18. #18bob snyder2009-10-06 18:59
  19. #19alrman2009-10-06 22:38

    Ok that's good you found the problem:woohoo......Now where's some pictures of the fish!

  20. #20bob snyder2009-10-07 02:01

    If i new how to do things with this dumb computor i would post some , maybe i can talk my wife into figuring it out The tournament was a bit of a bust but We had big fish most of sunday .Beutiful 10 pnd walleye. 74 cm long

  21. #21bob snyder2009-10-13 02:21

    Mr Airman, here is one for you , a 10+ pd trouphy Walley taken out of Tobin Lake Sask at a Tourny a couple weeks ago

  22. #22Abscraperguy2009-10-13 02:45

    Hey Bob how was the tournament? I grew up in Carrot River so I've fished that lake a couple times. Never in any tournament tho. That 10 pounder hopefully helped you connect with some prize money.

  23. #23bob snyder2009-10-13 09:14

    nope , in Alberta it would of but here you need a 11.5 + for big fish .We did hold big fish till 3;30 so that was exiting.You dont catch a lot of fish at Tobin but there is allways a chance for a trophy there Hey , we wone a $500. gift cert. for the tackle shack in GP , at Slave .Ever been there? Cost us more in gas to drive there but maybe we can pick some stuff out and have it Bussed here.If youve been there , are they well stocked ?:beerchug

  24. #24Abscraperguy2009-10-13 11:46

    I live about 45 min out of GP so if I get a chance I'll walk thru there and take a look.

  25. #25bob snyder2009-10-13 14:49

    thanks , :falldownlaugh your a good guy , I dont care what everyone says

  26. #26heavylift2009-10-13 17:26

    this is an equipment forum.... you could have at least found a picture of a CATFISH

  27. #27rpctsv2009-10-13 18:51

    Sweet fish,those 10+ are a rarity here in Ks.I wish I had some eyes in the freezer but we had a weird spawn this year with it being so cool(no boat here).I only fish for walleye during the spawn or in the outlets in spring.

  28. #28KSSS2009-10-13 20:49

    CATfish=Carp

  29. #29bob snyder2009-10-13 21:12

    ++=== SUCKERs HAHA:lmao ( whops, sliped out )