I have a 2016 kubota svl95-2s. I am experiencing a severe diesel knock sound and black smoke. When scan took is connected I am getting error code P3019 which is fuel pump calibration required. I an unable to get the pump calibrated the scan tool software just shows that swirly circle going for at least 15 minutes and nothing. I noticed that the fuel temperature reading shows -40 deg C. Contacted the dealer and they said this machine does not carry a fuel temperature sensor and the reading is a constant and if I can not get it to calibrate it is because of a faulty injector pump or ECU. On the calibration screen it shows that the fuel temp should be between 20 to 60deg C. I have attached pictures of the screen and values of parimeters. I am lost and believe there should be a fuel temp sensor. Can anyone point me in the right direction and confirm if there is a fuel temp sensor or not.
For tractor, not SSL, but, same ? engine?
You should have a fuel temp sensor on pressure pump. The should be the FCA/IMV same thing and a fuel temp sensor right next to it. As far as failure to calibrate that could be multiple issues.
The version of this v3800 tier 4 engine does not have a a temperature sensor in the pump. It only has a suction control valve in it. I removed the common rail because it had two sensors in it thinking that one was pressure and the other temp. However it looks like one is temperature and the other is a fuel pressure regulator. I think it is going to be an injector issue since it started with a slight diesel knock and now it is knocking at all rpm range. The fuel pump is supplying the correct amount of fuel so shouldn’t be that. I believe injectors are dribbling or injecting too much fuel. just purchased 4 new injectors because you can not get demon or test these injectors or even purchase new tips sines sensor only manufactures them for kubota. will install and update post with results next week.
Installed new injectors and same thing. Same diesel knock. Looks as though it is just the fuel pump that needs to be calibrated. I can not seem to get pump calibrated because we need to meet the fuel temp range of 20-60 deg Celsius. we are not getting a fuel temp reading. I would like to know if anyone has a fuel temp reading on their working kubota svl95? I am not sure if the texa scan tool is not capable of calibrating this machine because it is seeing the fuel temp that should not be there because this sensor does not exhaust on this machine.
Same engine but the pumps are different. This version does not have fuel temp sensor on the pump. I am not sure if it has a dual purpose sensor somewhere else or if it takes fuel temp from def system.
Did you figure this out I wish I would have seen it when you posted I ran across this problem twice now, what I do is take and put a 1k ohm resister in between pin A-74 and A-95 that will give you a fuel temp reading that will allow you to calibrate pump with the Texa Scan tool The first time I wanted to calibrate a SVL95-2 I just couldnt so I thought might be that my texa unit cant do it till I started digging around and seen that they dont have a fuel temp sensor in the 95 so I thought to myself ok a sensor is just a resistor why not see if I can find the correct pins so I search around till I found the correct pinout for that ecu with temp sensor Hope this helps in the future
Awesome! That's the kind of info we love to see. Trying to recall if Jaltest can calibrate those? I know we've done the 90-2, but those have the older style pump.
We have one that we are trying to complete pump calibration but fails every time. Using Diagmaster and it does not show fuel temp being required? Also have a E9400 on the display but no other codes other than the P3019 that can pull up with Diagmaster along with no throttle response. Where you all able to use the machines without calibrating the pump?
I had no throttle response, I also had the E9400 code A question I have what caused the code to begin with?
Okay that is good to know. If I can get the pump to calibrate most llkely will get throttle response back and the 9400 code will clear. long story short helping the owner of the machine who put a reman engine in it himself along with a reman injection pump. He couldn’t get machine started after he did the work, I figured out the pump was out of time, and got machine running. Which has left me with the E9400 on display and P3019 code present in the computer. Talked to another guy this evening that I will have to most likely retime the engine then time the pump back to it and it should complete calibration then. Going to try that in the morning.
Yes check your timing thats what my problem was the first time I came across that code the previous owner had not timed the injection pump when he put it back on As soon as the calibration completes the E9400 code will go away and you will get your throttle response back The E9400 is the same as the P3019 they just like to make it complicated for guys like me and you
Retiming the engine, then timed the pump took care of the issue!
kubota SVL95-2S sounds like you fellas have already been up and down the creek on these I had one come in the shop that want run . No fuel out of the HP pump but plenty going in . Scv checks out MAs and appears to be working I think , you can see plunger pullsating in an out when cranking but shouldnt you have fuel coming out of the pump with scv removed Kubota V3800-T S/N 2GJ1082 Code 1J586-00000
I have a question was the pump replaced or when did this issue start? The reason I ask if the pump was replaced there are couple of those pumps that look identical but they are different one rotates CW and the other CCW.
Machine was on job site and they were headed to refuel it when it Quit , some one on job started working on it , valve cover was removed and found injectors unhooked ,cover was back on , fuel rail , lines and other parts to get down that far in box . Cant tell if pump had been removed and reinstalled or not but it was still on the engine .
Something else I ran into was there is a little gear pump on the back of the injection pump if that one is bad it hard to get the high pressure to pump
Checking
Cant tell with the pump still on the engine
Can you remove the HP pump without having to program anything if you dont change the pump
Currently having the same problem. Do you have any more details on wiring in the resistor? Thanks in advance