Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help me ID my next project

Handegard · 2018-03-20 02:14

We’ve got a forklift around. It ran not long ago, but the started broke, in half :/ So I wish to resurrect it now, but it might be helpful to know... oh I don’t know, what brand it is for instance lol. So any help would be appreciated. I’ll try and get some more photos tomorow. I also plan to hit some of it with the pressure washer and try and see if I can find some sort of tag with model or brand.

Replies5
  1. #1gtermini2018-03-20 11:57

    I'd say she is a Towmotor (bought later by CAT). No idea on the model though. Most likely a Continental engine. https://www.**.nl/prive/heftrucks/towmotor/towmotor/

  2. #2OFF2018-03-20 23:43

    She's a beauty!

  3. #3icestationzebra2018-03-26 20:11

    It ran not long ago.... Looking at the picture that must have been when Bill was President.

  4. #4TD242018-03-27 19:13

    Way before Bill. More like "When Buck was a calf" and a small one at that. It is an old Towmotor and does have a Continental engine. Probably an F162. The model "422S" come to mind, though not sure. We rebuilt 4 of that vintage (Though with pneumatic tires) for a woodworking company. I will scrounge for any thing we had on those.

  5. #5Handegard2018-03-28 02:28

    I’m not saying it was in great shape, but it was in use daily about 2 years ago, when my friend closed her business. About a year ago they hit it with a backhoe and bent the top, and had a starter problem and parked it. I’m going to figure the starter thing out and get it running again, if nothing else just to move it.