I have a 1989 Ford 455c and I broke a part that I need help identifying. It’s #14 in the diagram. Thank you
I suggest to purchase some hot rolled round stock and make a new one. Then name your new lock pin whatever you wish.
#14 is either a hose or tube clamp.
I see what you are throwing down. Clamp sounds good.
I never thought about making one. This helps. Thank you.
The drawing below is what is shown online at Messicks. I am not 100% sure what you are looking for, but I am assuming that you are looking for the locking pin for the swing cylinder pins, which is # 12 on the drawing below. If you look at the part number, it spells out what size that locking pin is.
LOL
My homemade pin would be named Barbie
Rum36 said #14 in first post
yep, but he shows a photograph of a broken part #12
.
Yes, but his drawing and the one on Messicks has different numbering. So, it is the same part as his #14.
His first post sez he has a 455C. The parts book image he posted is for a 555C. "yep, but he shows a photograph of a broken part #12 " LOL !!! How confusing can this get ?
OP should buy everyone a round!
Just call it a thing-a-majiger and be done with it!
Being new to heavy equipment you advice is very much appreciated. That was the part I needed to get me going again. Thank you!
It shouldn’t be confusing at all. I stated the backhoe I have and used a picture as a representation of the broken part.
Your pic. wasn't for your machine model. That's why it was confusing. There's a good reason the people trying to help often ask for serial numbers. It's to avoid confusion so you get the right information and/or parts.
Maybe it wasn't confusing for you, it was for me. Which picture represented the part ??. The page from the wrong parts book or the one of the boom with the pin sitting on it ? LOL !!
they break all the time, get a high-grade bolt and a lock nut
This thread is from 2022.