Hi all, this is my first post. I was wondering if someone could help me identify this scraper. I was told it is a cat 60 but the dolly and neck seems different than most I have seen. It has 19c150 on a plate. Also the front wheels and hubs don't seem right. Todd
Looks similar to our CAT70. Although, I agree that the front rims and dolly look different... EDIT: Just had another look. Where the neck is attached to the round tube looks different as well... Andrew
I'll hazard a guess that it was originally fitted to a DW15 tractor, as they used the 19c series scraper and the front wheels have been added. http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.php?4636-Year-of-mfg-of-scrapers
My thoughts as well. It looks as if the neck was cut and the dolly fabricated. Size looks right for a DW15.
Thanks for the replies. Also when I Google 19c150 I come up with parts manuals for a Cat 10 scraper with no pictures. What is a Cat 10 scraper? It looked like the DW15 had brakes on the rear. Did all of them have brakes because the one in my pictures does not. Could it have been from a DW10? And were they a 60 sized scraper? If it was pulled by a Cat power unit what was the difference in the scraper portion? Was it just the height of the round tube and neck or was the geometry of other parts changed? Lots of questions.
The #10 scraper is a 19C model used with the DW10 and DW15. 7 cu yds struck, 9 cu yds heaped. Primary application was the DW10. The #15 scraper would be the normal application on the DW15. Original installation would have brakes.
Thank you for the info Old Magnet. Would it be safe to say that this is basically a Cat 60 without the dolly and attached to a DW10 tractor? Or was a Cat 10 something different, maybe older?
I'd say they are about the same a 2Wxxxx #60 capacity is 7 cu yds struck, 9 cu yds heaped, the 1Dxxxx #60 6 cu yds struck, 8 cu yds heaped. The #10/19C was produced from 1952 to 1955, same era as the 8U/9U D6's 1947-1959
An update for anyone who is interested. I saw a Garwood scraper on eBay and that looks like where the dolly came from that is on the cat scraper.
If you guys, need any kind of help regarding the contractor then you can clik the link: http://aocenvironmental.com/
A Birtley 60? These were very much like the Cat boxes,but slightly different. They were build in northern England,and Cat bought them over I think