Hi, Please forgive and incorrect terminology or poor explanations, Im new to the world of excavators and as such am learnings as I go. I recently purchased an EX-100 excavator to do some work on my Lifestyle block, Ive been using it a little bit and I believe it has a few issues which after searching this forum seem to be common to these older machines. I'm currently trying to find a service/workshop manual for my machine and at best I can identify it is a EX100-1 as it has manual throttle level. cab electrics are not in good shape so things like mode switch and wipers don't really work which may contribute to my issue. current issue is. Weak hydraulics when using a single operation, seems to be pretty much all operations, except the travel motors, which actually run fairly well. When I operate 2 operations at once for instance arm and slew at the same time the machine speeds up significantly. at the moment it actually digs and operates pretty well but it is just hard to be smooth and i think this issues makes it easy to inadvertently abuse and old machine. Any help will be much appreciated, I realize with an old girl like this I may just have to live with it, but I would like to try and make it better
Hydraulics weak as in slow or weak as in it can't lift anything or lift its own tracks off the ground?
slow is more accurate. it will lift a track, but I cant confirm if ive actually tried it using only a single function. Ive been digging out old stumps and it seems to go ok, just slow on the swing and bucket movements when moving dirt from around the stump using a single operation. if you swing and operate the arm at the same time the swing nearly doubles in speed. I could try and get a video if that would help ?? if you try and dig with just the bucket alone its very slow and I would say weak, but keep in mind I'm a novice operator so if I'm doing something wrong I'm happy to be told so
@Dvksoarer , You have a machine serial # ? EX100 sn # prefix 12E EX100-2 sn # prefix 12L EX100-3 sn # prefix 12S
EX100 12E-22707
I edited post # 4
thanks. so its just a ex100, am i right in alot of places these a referred to as ex100-1??
Yes . If you get stuck finding a service manual , the Deere bookstore has a manual for a Hitachi EX100. https://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/search?p0=model&p0_v=EX100&pattr=p0 .
Send you the document for your reference. Then if you still have questions, please continue the discussion here. Link to download Hitachi EX100-1 Service Manual
I am looking at purchasing a ex100-3 sn#12s-35473. Can one of yo guys educate me on model year, gray market? Hydraulics very slow.