Need to move a case 580sl backhoe from sussex wisconsin to laredo texas. the cheapest quote I got was $2,300. anyone know of a company that can do it for less. I was also thinking of buying a used trailer off craigslist. and renting a truck of uhaul or similar place like that. I know i might spend a bit more, but i keep a trailer.
try U ship, but that sounds like a good deal to me...
would it be a better option just to buy a trailer and rent a dually? of a rental place? anyone have any idea who rents these?
Most rental places don't rent dualie's with 5th wheels or goose neck hitches... and a bumper pull wouldnt be safe..IMO!
try hertz ... they also list a one ton truck... but a dump truck would probably be the safer choice, Hertz Equipment Rental, Committed to Safety!! Available range: 1 - 35 Ton weight capacity; 14' - 30' (18' - 46') deck length (with Beavertail); Rubber-mounted sealed beam lights for long life; Safety headboard and steel supported hardwood decking; Hydraulic tail and fold-down approach plate on some models
they also have flatbed trucks would a backhoe fit in a 16 ft flatbed?
I think it would be cheaper and safer to have a freight broker get the hoe to you. I'm thinking the rental on the truck plus fuel and insurance will be well over $2000.
were can i get a brokers number?
Do an internet search for "freight brokers who ship heavy equipment" and call some of these companies to get a quote. A lot of the time you will get a better price by talking to someone on the phone rather than an online quote (dont ask me why). Good luck.
thank you. is 19k for a 4x4 96case 580sl a good price?