Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help Needed: Case 580C Won’t Crank

dwall2181 · 2024-02-05 20:54

Hello Friends, Was out running the Case 580C yesterday and after taking a break I got one click of the starter then no crank thereafter. Had good battery voltage and fuel. Noted the power wire circled in the attached picture to the starter has a break in the casing. After playing with the yellow wire a bit I could get a click of the starter but no crank. Plan to replace it. Question is. Where is the starter solenoid? Seems like I’m just seeing a starter. Any tips to test currency to the starter? Also attaching pics to the back of the key. The push button start has not been used in the machine as I just usually turn the key over and it cranks. Appreciated any help to diagnose. Thank you!

Replies2
  1. #1HarleyHappy2024-02-06 12:58

    Starter solenoid is in end of starter. Try arcing a screwdriver across wires in back with key in run position. Should be all set and hopefully arc the disc a little and might be good for another year. Lol

  2. #2stinky642024-02-06 16:48

    Seems as though your starting system has been modified, all bets are off. You're gonna need a test light to trace the path of the power.