Hi, This is an unusual request. I'm trying to get the registration number back for my IH484 1978 tractor, I'm in the UK. I have the reg number and a tax disc BUT I don't have the VIN plate. The registration authority (DVLA) know the VIN number but are not actuaally allowed to tell me it so i can re stamp it onto the tractor, replacing the lost tag. I've done extensive research and actully found my serial number (4 numbers) BUT...I dont have all the numbers or letters as a prefix of suffix to the serial number. So...can anyone tell me part of the serial number of a 484 tractor ( i dont need the actual 4 numbers that form the serial) For example it might look something like...231009BXXXX where XXXX is my actual serial number. I hope someone can help! Cheers Paul.
Paul, I can't help you with the 484 serial no. prefix but for example 584s are typically B500015B00****, 684s B510016B00****, 784s B530002B00****, 884s B650001B00**** It might be worth asking the question either on the RedPower forum or here http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/forum.php
Thanks Hi Richard, I found the Vin tag on Saturday - not wherer it said it should be in the manual! It was painted over and hidden by the fuel filter. So all good, thanks for your help. Cheers