Hi All I am new to this forum, and have just bought a used bobcat s175, and found a couple things it needs but am in need of assistance. Main problem, I found the alternator leaning a bit, so I raised the seat to inspect. and found that the bottom mounting bolt (the one that goes thru both ears and thru the gear cover is missing. And there lies the problem. been to the dealer twice and cant get the answer I am looking for. So I ask you guys. How to install the alternator? It seems straight forward but I believe that I am missing a part or 2. From the diagram on bobcat site. there is a bolt a bushing and a nut that goes thru both ears and the gear cover. I was missing the bushing and the nut and bolt. So I go to bobcat to get the things I need and they don't have except for the alternator, so I have them pull the alt so I can look at it and it has the bushing in one of the ears. Is this the bushing in diagram? I thought it was so the guy at bobcat gets me a used alternator and pops it out and gives me the bushing. Great !!! So I try to install with the bushing in the alternator, the way the new one was, but there is way to much space still inbetween the alternator ears and the gear cover. So is there another bushing or spacer? even if you tighten the bolt and squeesh the bushing out of the alternator to squeeze the gear cover there is to much space so I figure either theres another bushing or spacer or the cover is damaged, I don't know ? help maybe it says in a manual or maybe someone has changed one and can tell me what I am missing? Help!!
Welcome to HEF BryanM. :drinkup Without seeing pics of what you have it's hard for us to say what you need. Pretty much any alternator mount has a press fit bushing to synch down on the mount when you tighten the bolt and nut. I don't have your machine s/n so I can't say for certain this diagram applies to your machine, but one question I have, do you have the mounting bracket (item 23)?
thanks willie59 for answering. I will try and figure out how to post pics. my serial # 525216401- so unfortunately that's the wrong parts diag. http://bobcatpartsonline.com/bobcat/DataImages.srv/bobcat/IPC/pe22/pe2275r.gif
My question is this: is # 19 the bushing in the alternator or is there an additional bushing that goes in the front ear of the alternator or maybe it goes in the gear cover where the alt mounts too. Note I was missing bolt #25 and #19 and #20, the alt still had the belt on it but only attached by #18 on top so it wore the alt mounting ears and the gear cover a bit. So I might have to replace the front gear cover. Has anyone here done that? would I have to pull the injection pump or re time anything?
pretty sure there's a bushing in the timing cover. theres also one in the alternator itself. :drinkup
Yep, there is a bushing that slides in the timing cover! Thanks to all that had input to my small delemia! I got my parts in from bobcat, also got an alternator (aftermarket) with a new belt. I also replaced a broken exhaust manifold, now on to the next problem. I want to fix the creep in the machine which feels like just the right side is creeping and I did notice that there was some play in the blocks and pucs.(not sure of the correct term). I also want to replace the drive belt, I got a peek at it and it looks a little worn. Is there anything I should take not of with the belt or tensioner?