Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help: old yale-er lift cylinder removal

redline808 ยท 2019-09-11 15:59

So it's time to put seals in my yale, it's a GC030UA I think from the mid to late 70's. I've not dealt with this type of cylinder before where it is attached near the bottom on pivot pins. How do I get it separated from the gantry? I am trying to up load a photo but its not letting me?

Replies2
  1. #1Ronsii2019-09-11 19:28

    The trunion mount ones I have seen have caps that come off then you lift the cylinder up and forward... after the rest of the stuff is readied and secured.... it's been a while so I am probably forgetting something but it ain't rocket science

  2. #2redline8082019-09-12 03:35

    Yup, basically exactly what I had to do. Figured the only way to get to those caps was to lift it higher then I had it. Then I seen your reply. LOL. Thanks for taking the time!