Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help on a 1988 Ford F-700

Nritter21621 ยท 2018-12-20 09:52

Good morning I am having the most difficult time trying to find a clutch linkage (linkage on the release bearing shaft) for a 1988 Ford F-700 (6.6L Turbo diesel) Ford can not look anything up before 1990 and salvage yards are no help without a part number. Does anyone know what the part number is here or know where you can find obsolete Heavy equip. Ford Parts?

Replies11
  1. #1walkerv2018-12-20 12:20

    Is this what your looking for? Rock auto you can look up some stuff for older heavy trucks

  2. #2_Weldman_2018-12-20 14:34

    This might help too https://www.lkqheavytruck.com

  3. #3Nritter216212018-12-21 09:48

    No, I appreciate you looking into it, but sadly I checked Rock Auto already as well and they only had the fork. I need the linkage for a pull type clutch. Its the linkage on the release bearing shaft.

  4. #4Nritter216212018-12-21 09:53

    Thank you as well, I checked their website and they only have a hood and fender for that year and model. I did send them a message just in case to see if they might come across something. Thanks again guys for the advice I really appreciate it.

  5. #5_Weldman_2018-12-21 11:25

    You're welcome, what happened to the old one did it break or wear out? I bet you could weld something up or find a welder that could fabricate one.

  6. #6Nritter216212018-12-21 11:57

    Yes it broke. I am working on it for a customer, but we were both hoping to just find a replacement if possible. It's starting to look like welding it is my only option.

  7. #7_Weldman_2018-12-21 12:15

    Picture didn't come through...

  8. #8walkerv2018-12-21 17:45

    Be sure to clean the part well i have not known ford to not either have the part number or the engineering number either cast or stamped into it

  9. #9Tenwheeler2018-12-21 22:06

    Ford Truck Enthusiast-Heavy Truck. Ask Numbers Dummy.

  10. #10walkerv2018-12-21 22:19

    Found it i think but looks like it is welded here is the link . https://www.mylittlesalesman.com/1988-eatonfuller-fs5106-transmission-clutch-housing-9012194

  11. #11_Weldman_2018-12-22 00:18

    Looks like they bubble gum welded it. Yeah the number is on that lever and it's not a Ford number, I have same transmission just the FS6206A version You need to get a hold of Eaton for the replacement. I had to fabricate one of those with a Spicer transmission lever to get mine to work when I switched transmissions.