Mostly I do rural work but was asked if I would submit a price for doing this. Haul 3000 yds 1 or 2 miles in metro area. Topsoil would be salvaged and reused in the borrow area. Dirt is to be placed in a well groomed grass, commons like area. Dirt would be used to build a flood protection berm starting and ending at 0 height, 3 or 4 ft. high at deepest. 200 ft long or so, 8 ft. wide. On finishing it I rough figured 8-10,000 sq ft. needs to be well groomed with grass, probably sod. Would appreciate it if some of you guys could clue me in a little on what the price should be for this.
The job is 2 hours away. My question is more how high can I bid and not be out of line? Just don't quite know how high would still seem reasonable. Don't particularly want the job, but wouldn't mind giving a price if the payback works out. I can figure expenses, but don't know how much extra I could add on and still be in line.