Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help! Parts manual for a Hitachi Ex750-5 (EX800H-5) coolant temp sensor/sending unit.

Username · 2024-07-03 23:13

Long story short, years ago I had asked the dealer to get me all the manuals for my new to me (used) machine. I got everything except a parts manual. Hasn't mattered much over the years until recently. I'm looking to identify the coolant temp sensor/sending unit for this machine, Pape (local Deere/Hitachi dealer) says my machine serial number won't give me the engine side, go to Cummins (N14C mechanical engine, no ecm, turns out Pape doesn't even have a source for the muffler, same as the Deere 800/850 excavators these days) take my engine serial number to my guy that gets me Cummins parts, says it must be a Hitachi part. I bought books off Ebay, but won't see them for a week. Does anybody have the parts book that will identify this part? Cummins keeps showing a Delphi type connecter, but both of my machines have one sensor with two blades and one with two screw type connecters. My gauge is pegged out as hot at the moment, but it isn't. Hate to run it without a working temp gauge.

Replies3
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-07-04 08:35

    Deere online parts has the catalog for a EX750-5. I believe there are 3 components in the area of the thermostat housing . Temperature switch part # 4149335 . Temperature switch (2 screw terminals) part # 4375390 . Temperature sensor is part # 4257129 . https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc...rch/pgId/280680/partnumber/4257129/callout/00 . . The EX750-5 catalog calls the temperature sensor a “unit” , the equivalent Deere 750 excavator parts catalog calls it a “engine coolant temperature sensor”

  2. #2Username2024-07-04 10:12

    I wasn't looking at the one with the single stud on top, but I'll start there. Thank you!

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-07-04 10:13

    I believe the lower level warning overheat switch will peg the guage also. Just not sure which of the 2 switches I mentioned above is the lower level overheat switch. .