Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help selecting Hydraulic Breakers

HRPServicesTX ยท 2015-12-21 19:25

I'm looking to buy a new breaker to mount to my ctl and rig up so I can pound steel pipe in the ground. Mostly around 3" diameter. I'm looking into the ones that are 750ft lbs of impact energy. The research on these is new to me, and I've never run one. Few models I'm looking at are.... Chicago Pneumatic RX6 John Deere HH80 Stanley 556 I need help figuring out any others that are real good to look into, also if any in my list I should pass on? Do I want it to be real heavy, or on the lighter side better? Right now I'm leaning towards the RX6, the specs on it seem really decent. Thanks for the input and help!

Replies2
  1. #1pondo2015-12-21 20:15

    I will throw twist in your plan.... i recently used a hoe packer (hydraulic packer) with short pc of pipe weld to bottom and had great luck setting post in pit run/ large rock soil. The vibration work better than pounding and hoe packer shorter so i could still reach tall post. Where a hammer it much taller and will reduce your reach. Also hoe packer should be couple thousand less $

  2. #2HRPServicesTX2015-12-21 22:22

    I had read of some using a hoe pac for that, I've got huge slabs of solid rock to drive through about 6" thick. I had seen a breaker setup like I'm thinking about and this guy brought it out to my place and drove right into this rock with pipe and t posts(had a sleeve for t posts). I've not been able to actually test a hoe pac in this rock. As for the height of the breaker, I'm going to fabricate a completely different mount so I can use 12' pipe under it to slam.