@CM1995 @digger242j @willie59 @Steve Frazier
It happens periodically, and once a Mod shows up it will all be cleared out
Looks like it is fixed now. Thank you administrators!
Yeah, periodically. Like yesterday too. It's not as simple clearing it out as it might seem. The first time it happened they were registering and posting faster than I could delete them. Today was pretty much the same. The only immediate remedy I can think of is to close registrations, which is what I've done. I hate to do that because somebody out there might need help right now, and I think we all take pride in the fact that HEF can often come through in that respect. We have a spammer filter that catches a lot of them, based on reports from other forums, and places them in a moderation queue while "awaiting approval" which rarely happens. There, at least they can't post. Steve is aware of this, and is in touch with the technical people. Hopefully they can come up with a solution.
I'm a Mod at iBoats and what we have added is questions. All first timers have to answer two questions and then it is put in an Approval Cue for us to Accept/Reject/Spam. Don't know about HEF version of software, but we select the users name then select Spam from a drop down list and it clears out everything they have submitted.
The problem as I see it was not a single new user posting multiple spam threads, but MULTIPLE new users posting a single thread each. There must have been a hundred new users on that list.
To the Op, use the "Report" button on the lower left of the posting.
Holy crap, why didn't I know that before********************************
Actually, this time I found one user had created a thread and posted to that thread 14 times. Bottom of their class at spammer school I guess...
digger242j let me know about the problem right away and got things under control. I truly appreciate his dedication to the site!! I've been discussing this with our tech and he's researching on a way to filter these out. We may experience some inconveniences while he works on a solution. Thanks!
Yes need some questions that non equipment people can't answer. Like, At which end of a dozer is the blade attached to? Does the engine airfilter clean the air that goes through the radiator, a yes or no question. What do track rollers ride on? Just some goofy ideas. Define ROPS. I suppose they would need to be multiple choice.
Could some of our actual users even answer those questions correctly?
If you post a pick of a backhoe or loader and ask what it is, reporters will always choose bulldozer.
Is a cat a dozer, is a dozer a cat? That should implode the bots