Hey guys, I know this is pretty basic, but I have exhausted my usual efforts to extract a stuck steer cylinder barrel end pin. Its on an older L50C VOLVO that has no grease in the pin, probably never had it, lol. The cylinder needs pulled for repair, but I have had 0 luck getting the rear pin out, tried hammer, then 10 ton porta power, then leveled a jack in the lower frame and pushed with a 22 ton jack, still not even budging, a torch or bronco gun are out of the question due to the amount of oil on, in, and around the area to be worked on, unit can't be moved to be washed. The rod end pin came out after 2-3 minutes with a rosebud and the porta power. I tried putting my 36" pipe wrench on the mounting flange and turning it, no luck, hooked a 2 ton come along to the shackle in the handle of the pipe wrench, then to my service truck, no luck. I can't put the hydraulic puller on it due to the proximity of the cab to the mounting area. Any ideas??? :Banghead
Does the barrel need honing, otherwise Can you get the machine turned enough to Take the packing gland loose and pull the rod and piston out to get it repaired, then reinstall it. The machine could then be taken somewhere to clean the area and work on the pin.
I am not sure if I understand BUT if you can't pull the pin leave it attach then put your pipe wrench on the end cap block half the jaws up with a few hardwood pieces then slip a peace of two inch rigid conduct ten foot long on the handle. I have had pretty good luck unthreading the end caps that way. But once I had to weld a 1 3/4 solid bar stock across the cap then put two pieces of ten foot rigid one pulling up one pushing down. The last one I did spun off like it was put on yesturday. Good luck
The unit is down hard and not movable. I can't get a pipewrench on the gland(had hoped I could before I tried to pull the rear pin). I am about to the point of ordering a new pin and just cutting it with a sawzall.:Banghead