Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help to identify my Skid Steer

DaveSh ยท 2022-01-30 18:19

I recently bought an old Skid steer to use on my acreage. It works well enough and the price was right. But I'd like to know what it is. I have scoured the internet and I "think" it is a Massey Ferguson? But I have no idea. And it's not exactly like the pictures I found online. Can anyone help me identify it? I will post some photos of my machine as well as some "close comparisons" that I found. Comparisons I found on the internet... close but not the same...

Replies10
  1. #1KSSS2022-01-30 18:33

    Looks to me like an International Harvester 3200 A series

  2. #2DaveSh2022-01-30 18:55

    I'm not sure that is it.

  3. #3Bumpsteer2022-01-30 20:50

    All of those look to similar to be made by different companies....Going to guess they were all made by Thomas. Ed

  4. #4Steve Frazier2022-01-30 21:00

    There are enough similarities to think they all are the same base machine sold to several manufacturers to rebadge. That would explain the differences.

  5. #5mowingman2022-01-30 21:28

    I demoed the Thomas machines back in the early 90's. They seemed like a really nice solid machine. Too bad they did not make it. Jeff

  6. #6Tyler d4c2022-01-31 07:59

    The international,Massey,and Ford skid loaders are all the same from my understanding.

  7. #7Old Doug2022-01-31 08:37

    This is one of those machines that looks like a prototype. It looks just like a IH 3200 A.

  8. #8DaveSh2022-01-31 13:39

    you may be right... I did see a similar one on you tube. I guess I just see little differences and wonder why I can't get a perfect match. Here is the IH 3200 A you mentioned. taken from...

  9. #9crane operator2022-01-31 18:18

    Most early skid steers did not have a roll over cage. Most of those were built later and added on by owners or local welding shops. The main drive chain case and the main lifting arms look very similar to the ** . The likelihood that your machine is all factory original is slim and none. For instance- the main lift cylinders sure look like replacements from tractor supply or some other hydraulic supply company, not factory. And the rear weight box is a add on also. So it could very likely be a ** unit. Also- most of the early skids that carried the big manufacturer names, were rebadges of the small manufacturers of the early skid loaders.

  10. #101693TA2022-01-31 18:32

    Looks as if it may have a Perkins engine. Massey-Ferguson was the owner of Perkins Engine for many years and used many in their products.