Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help – unloading/loadig my skid-steer

SnoSheriff ยท 2010-08-04 08:28

I finally got my skid steer home. To load it onto the trailer we simply drove it on from the shipper's loading dock. However I don't have a dock at home and I need advice unloading it from my trailer. I have a full tilt deck over, power-up/power-down tilt. See attached pictures. I have a 22' deckover tilt trailer just like this one on Youtube: YouTube - PJ Deckover Trailer 8222 Hyd Tilt video walk around power up dn Should I simply tilt up the trailer and drive off the skid-steer from the middle of the trailer? Should I move the skid-steer to the tail end then tilt and drive off? Are there any do's and dont's that I should know about?

Replies6
  1. #1SnoSheriff2010-08-04 08:32

    Picture of my skid-steer attached

  2. #2nickbowers2010-08-04 09:00

    Hi, Cant say i have ever loaded a little trailer like that, but I run a couple of full size tilt trays and when loading you want the weight to the front of the wheels when loading and unloading. There is too much stress if the weight is behind it. Nick

  3. #395zIV2010-08-04 09:16

    I'd unchain it, then back it up until I just started to get light on the tongue, raise it to the tilted position then back it the rest of the way off.

  4. #4SnoSheriff2010-08-04 13:21

    Next time it will be loaded with the bucket to the rear. Should I attempt turning it around on the trailer? Or just unload it as is?

  5. #5curbside2010-08-04 21:18

    Just tilt it and drive it off. You have a bucket on the front so you should have no problem.

  6. #6MXZ2010-08-05 14:40

    I agree with backing it on. With solid tires you'll be better off with all that weight down low and added weight on the front axle, but Mustangs are a little butt heavy like a Bobcat. With the full tilt trailer, that angle gets fairly steep. I run a PJ 24' tilt w/ 8' stationary. I really like it since it isn't powered up or down, just modulated with a cylinder. Can set buckets, attachments, or material on the front and still tilt the deck to load the skid. Never have to get out of the machine to load or unload.