From what I've seen, this past week has been the busiest the Board has been. I've done a little internet advertising trying to get the word out about us, but I can use your help! Tell anyone you know who might be interested in our Board where to find us, the more members we have the greater the information resource the Board can become. If you like, right click on the logo, then click print to get a handout to carry. I'm in the process of getting business cards together for handing out, I'll ship some to any member who would like to help recruit. I'm also putting a page together that you'll be able to print out for posting at jobsites or your heavy equipment dealer. Keep an eye on this thread, I'll keep you all posted as these ideas develop. Thanks!!!
Sounds good to me! Have you approached any manufacturers about sponsorship like on plow site or lawn site? I find this site very educational and informative but I am somewhat of a newbie. I tell everyone in the bussiness about this site when I can.
What about direct e-mails to IUOE addresses, equipment suppliers...?
Whew!!! I've finally got business card type handouts available, pictured below. The photo I took didn't downsize so well, in reality they look great! Any member who would be interested in handing cards out among industry members, or perhaps leaving some at dealerships in your area, PM me with your name, adress and how many cards you think you might need. Thanks!!!
your site has a link here- http://www.dozerman.com/links.html and I tell people about your site when I think of it. Send a dozen cards and I will get them in the right hands. Well run forum....thanks for doing it. ....B
Thanks for the link, dozerman! Every little bit helps! I'll get those cards out ASAP. The more members we have here, the better this site will be as a resource for everyone.
biz cards Got the cards and have been a little stingy with them.Only giving them out to people I think might use the board,so far I haven't seen anyone sign up,but,haven't given up hope.I'll start hitting management types,next.Most of my friends are field mechanics,"birds of a feather" kinda thing.Most have little spare time,70 hour weeks are common.Might get a better response out of those who have "real" weekends.
They need to get their priorities straight--HEF first, work...somewhere down the list.
most wouldn't find that funny! though i hope it was posted with humor.
Humor is digger's middle name! It's one of the reasons I asked him to help out here. Thanks for your efforts in publicizing the site!
This thread reminds me,I handed out a few more cards this past weekend at the dyno event saturday,then again at the dragstrip sunday a few guys were asking about it. Steve ,your banner on my Dodge sure has had a lot of exposure,since i drive the wheels off my truck.:drinkup
I got your site on my site, which is still a work in progress but getting a lot of local hits. Again I have not noticed any members from me. Send me some cards though. Lots of shops and dealers around here that I drop in on. Free advertising never hurts.
i'll take a dozen or so and pass them out to the 20 or so dealers and rental shops around here
Window stickers get lots of attention. People often ask me about the stickers on the back of my truck. 1....Turbo Diesel Register 2.... Cummins Forum 3.... Diesel Truck Resource I am a active participant in the above forums..... A sticker does a great job of spreading the word... 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.... Can a business card do that? :cool2
im with ya pete, window decals, and any type of stickers go along way, you can put a sticker just about anywhere and get some attention. i think its a good idea.
Your link is on AWDirect.com I've added a link to Heavy Equipment Forums to the AWResources page of AWDirect.com located HERE: http://www.awdirect.com/finditem.cfm?itemid=23446 Hope it helps! Bruce Z Webmaster AWDirect.com
Thanks Bruce!
Digger242's Humor You think highly of his humor and being funny, you should see him in person! :usa
Digger242J's humor donlang wrote " You think highly of his humor and being funny, you should see him in person!" I have!!!
So, are you saying I'm funny looking? :cool2
If I could've got the photo to load. We would've had that answer!?!!! Can't figure out how to downsize the photo. Changed programs and just haven't figured it out yet. But you are scary....... just look at the avatar
Well let's try this again.... This is super mod digger at his best! On his little mini. SR35
hey steve ill take a dozen cards i get around (in a good way) northern indiana alot
I'm wondering if some of the big construction companies would support your banner on their websites? To get permission would the hard part but I'm sure theres lots of them that would find it a good idea. I know a few and I'll send them the link and see what they think.