Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with 1988 JCB1400B

Steve77 ยท 2020-06-22 15:51

Hi, I'd really appreciate any input on this issue. I just bought this loader and got to use it for 30 minutes and now there is a red light on and it will not drive at all. Can anyone give me an idea on this? I have had 2 mechanics come out and but no luck. it's too old for them. What does this light mean?

Replies5
  1. #1edgephoto2020-06-22 16:10

    A little Googling and I found that light warns of low Hydraulic oil pressure

  2. #2Steve772020-06-22 17:00

    Okay, I topped of the fluid. This would mean that there is a pressure issue...

  3. #3Steve772020-06-22 17:09

    I had the transmission filter changed and new tranny fluid. Oil change, new filter and hydraulic fluid topped off. Any idea what would be next?

  4. #4skata2020-06-22 19:44

    Well, someone here recently had a torque converter flywheel get disconnected. Remove the inspection plate on the bottom of the transmission bellhousing and verify that the torque converter is spinning when the engine is on.

  5. #5Vetech632020-06-22 20:47

    That is the transmission oil pressure light.