Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with 97 & 98 Cat D5M LGP Dozer

bowjunky39 ยท 2016-03-01 21:29

I need some help guys. 97 - when running Dozer load or no load sometime the Dozer will just come to a sudden stop. If I put in neutral then back in gear it will go again. Any ideas? 98 - been starting well then today I get on and it will just click I put booster cables on it and it would barley turn over. Any ideas

Replies3
  1. #1Mark2502016-03-01 22:14

    Are words ( serv code ) displayed on the screen. if so could you list them Also post serial number please Mark

  2. #2Bob/Ont2016-03-02 08:28

    Check ground cables, load test batteries and check alt output. Later Bob

  3. #3Nige2016-03-02 10:26

    And if they all check out the next move would be the starter motor. To get hold of technical information regarding your other issue a Serial Number would help.