Hey Guys Happy Newyear. I'm Getting A Chevy 3500 Dually And Need Help On Choosing The Right Bed For It. I Was Thinking Of A 9' Flatbed. I Need The Transfer Tank And Tool Boxes. Does Anyone Have Any Pics Of Some Setups That Might Help Me Out. Thanks For Your Help,anthony
Heres a 550 with a 9' alum flatbed dump. Topside toolboxes and a custom made transfer tank, the width of the body and only 6-10" deep. This setup worked out pretty good for the guy i used to work for.
We have two setups similar to the ones Bkrois posted but on Chevy 3500's, 9' aluminum beds with tool boxes on each side and transfer tank up front. The bodies are truckcraft and the boxes and tank are deezee. It was hard to find big enough toolboxes and when we got the deezee's we bought 4 sets as the factory has stopped producing the model we used. If you don't need to hold as much those weather guards in the above shot are a really nice set up. I will try and get some pics.
I've got an Alum-Line flatbed on my F-350, and we put one on our brush truck at the firehouse. Alum-Line will build a bed to your specs, make any size tool box you like and build a fuel tank as well.
Aluminum is the way to go to keep the weight down it doesn't take much to put a 1 ton dually to its "legal" payload. In BC it used to be aluminum truck bodies cost more its the oposite now a steel body costs more because the price of steel has gone up.
Definately aluminum all the way for the reasons stated above. :yup Thats a good looking brush truck yall got, Steve. :thumbsup
I never was too hip.... on custom anything! Need a part and you have to send to Helsinki, to Helen Waite for parts. Here are some ideas. If not then here is a link to a manufacture I trust! http://www.truckbeds.com
I'd go for aluminum if you can, no painting or rusting and it really looks sharp. Plus, like LT mentioned, it's probably cheaper than steel now. Make sure you get more tool boxes than you think you'll need, you'll find something to put in them. I had 2 underbody boxes on an F450 and they weren't quite enough, if I wasn't selling the truck I would have gotten (2) 36" topside barn door boxes.
Pics....its an 06 Chevy ext. cab, D/A, and the body and tank I was talking about in the earlier post.
Nice truck. :thumbsup I like them Cat mudflaps. :yup