Hello everybody, my name is Franco, i'm from Argentina. I'm glad to be here in this forum. I hope you can help me with a little problem. My father bought a self-erecting crane for rebuild, but we don't know what brand/ model or year is, so the task for the rebuild is very difficult for me. The only info i have is the crane for itself haha. So maybe you can tell me if anyone recongnice wich one is from the pics. thank you all!
Is the mast straight up with a powered jib instead of horizontal boom like a tower crane. Not a clue of the make. We have used similar in tight in between building spots although hey were a lot newer machines. It looks like it is missing a bunch of stack on counter weights.
Definitely looks like it’s missing counterweights. Do you have any pictures of the control panel. It should have an electric panel somewhere. Is it remote controlled or does it have a hardwire controller.
Hello, and thanks for the anwser. it hasn't any controller in fact. i don't know if it miss or if run only with buttons in the panel. This is a pic of the electric panel. It has another box with a lever, it can be seen in the firs pic, but the box is empty inside. The lever in the second pic is for erect the crane manually. The electric motors are patay, so maybe is a french crane.
i don't understand your first statement. it has a horizontal boom but it's doesn't appear in the pic.
Do you have a picture of that shows the whole crane. If it’s French it’s likely to be a potain. Liebherr was making them back then but I would think they’d have German motors. As to the model it would be hard to tell. Can you measure the jib length and the height of the crane? That plug underneath the panel is where the controller plugs in.
The jib length is around 20m, i cant measure it exactly bcs it's not completly horizontal. And the height completely erected i can estimate 10 or 12 meters, bcs i never could erect it completely.
Could this be one of those cranes/gantrys the army used to remove turrets from tanks?
No, this is relatively light.
I would like to see pictures of the complete crane, masthead, tail section, etc. It might not have a trolly but a boom on top similar to a Manitowoc T.
hey guys, I'm Philip. I have a plan to start a Crane service business. But I have no experience in this field. One of my friends told that the boom truck is the best service. I need your suggestion. Please share your experience which will be really helpful
Like knepptune said, its likely italian or french. I do know that I wouldn't be standing it up without any counterweight on it. They aren't stable at all without the weights. At only 12 meters tall/ 20m of jib, it likely didn't have a huge stack of weights, but it needs something or the wind will flop it over. The smallest of the tower's I've been around have at least 20,000lbs of counterweight. I think I'd be ordering some cable for it also. I'd try to get any manufacturer's labels off the relays, motors, etc, where that stuff was made may lead to a manufacturer, or at least narrow it down. Spend some time on https://www.cranetrader.com/ looking through the tower crane section and you may find pictures of one that the base matches yours.