Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with a Hyster

MrBear ยท 2011-12-18 10:20

Friday I picked up a 1999 Hyster 155XL, LP with a GM Vortec V6. Anyone familiar with this engine? When ordering parts, can I just go to local auto parts stores for the basics? I was on Rockauto.com (searched for a 1998/1999 Chevy S10, 4.3L) to order an alternator, plugs, wires, cap & rotor. I just want to make sure before I order everything. Thanks, Bear

Replies3
  1. #1willie592011-12-18 10:45

    May not be without exception, but what I've found on GM engines in a Hyster is the engine components are common GM parts that can be obtained at auto parts store.

  2. #2MrBear2011-12-18 11:06

    Thanks :drinkup

  3. #3icestationzebra2011-12-20 01:15

    I would just make sure to use the same plugs you already have. I think LP engines run a different heat range than gas. Be careful routing the wires as the compartments are pretty tight and will bake a wire fast. FYI - as far as the internal parts go I'm pretty sure the exhaust valves are different and I think they also use valve rotators. ISZ