Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with aftermarket parts research

Anshul ยท 2019-11-08 11:39

Hello, I am a freelancer and am posting to ask for help. My boss has asked me to do some research on the aftermarket parts for construction equipment. I am new to the industry and was not able to find much info online. I was hoping someone on this forum could help me. I have some questions on the industry that I believe an industry insider would be able to answer (e.g., who are the major players, how they find customers, etc.). And as a thank you, I will donate $20 to a charity of your choice. Would someone be able to help? I will not take more than 15 minutes of your time. I sincerely appreciate your time and help. Thanks, Anshul

Replies3
  1. #1John C.2019-11-10 12:10

    You are asking a pretty generic question. There is no single source for all aftermarket parts. You have to ask for specific things. You do that by providing a specific machine, usually by make, model and serial number and then ask about a specific part. An example might be a D8H, 46A31320 and your looking for a used or rebuilt head. If you are looking at trucks, it gets even more specific. Say you want a differential for a Kenworth truck, you are likely to have to find the tag on the axle and provide all the numbers off of it.

  2. #2skata2019-11-10 20:34

    Just Google the part numbers.

  3. #3DMiller2019-11-13 12:08

    Want cheap usually end up changing lots of parts, want reliable pay pretty high but not necessarily OEM rate are a few reliable aftermarket providers but have to shop and inspect, want repeatability and decent pricing shop around to OEM Suppliers for volume discounts.