I have a caterpillar 3126 in a thomas school bus. The bus came in with dead batteries, when we got it started I pulled the engine codes. I know what they are but since we do not have an engine book I have no idea where to begin to fix this electrical problem. Also we have no throttle response which is intermitten and when we do have throttle response it will only run to a guesstimated 1500-1700 RPM, when it reaches the end of the RPM range which is now limited, the engine shakes and billows out black and white smoke. I have done some research online and some have said that could mean the seals on the injector sleeves are worn and are allowing coolant and diesel to mix causing the smoke. Do you guys have any ideas on how to go about fixing my electrical and mechanical problem? Also I'm in BFE so I have no way of getting any special tools besides CAT ET. fault codes: 25 boost pressure fault,21 sensor supply voltage fault,35 engine overspeed warning
No replies yet.