Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with Cat Hydraulic ends

JayB22 ยท 2015-05-07 10:01

Hi, I am new here and relatively new to skid steers. I bought a 2008 Cat 262B to do work around my acreage last year and now want to plant some trees with it. I can borrow a tree spade from a neighbor but he runs a 2002 John Deere Skid steer and I'm trying to find out if the hose ends on his spade will work for me or if I will have to change them. I've searched for a hour or more already and haven't had any luck finding a definite answer. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1movindirt2015-05-07 14:06

    As long as both sides have the same style hydraulic couplers it should work, your Cat more than likely has flat faced style like the ones pictured, I am guessing the Deere does too.

  2. #2DDoug2015-05-07 16:40

    Or do this..... I went to my local hydraulics supplier and bought some fittings, added the old style fittings on "tees" so I can run my old attachments.

  3. #3JayB222015-05-08 21:14

    Thanks for the help, the fittings worked good and we had no issues with the auger.