I took the water pump off a NH 250 and the housing broke. I can’t find the right one to replace it. The casting number on the original pump is 196830C. I got a pump with casting number 196830 but the housing sizes are different. Any help would be appreciated I’m in a bind here.
Did u go by the ENGINE serial #.?? Did u get it from a REPUTABLE CUMMINS dealer, or off ebay.??
I got three pumps from Cummins, first one was by serial number. Not even close. Got two more. Not the right ones. The one I got off of eBay is the same, I just measured them both. But it seems like the clamp ring doesn’t fit on correctly.
I got it figured out. My mistake. Thanks though.
Okay but how about giving us the rest of the story so the next guy to come along doesn't have to figure it out from scratch. We are here to help not only you but the next guy in the door. If it was something dumb you did we won't get on your case if you are man enough to help the next guy!
Sure no problem sorry. I assumed that the clamp ring was supposed to sit on the pump housing to hold it in place. After looking at the old pump and new one the only way it can go on is to have the clamp ring sit on the outside of the pump housing and the bolt and washers hold the pump.