Hi all - I'm new here and also to the 91' D4C II dozer that I just bought. Looking at the grease points around the machine, there are several that do not have zerks. They appear to be grease ports where you would expect a zerk, but they are not tapped to accept a zerk. If the zerk got broken off somehow, I'd expect the body of it to still be stuck in the port, but nothing is there. Are these to be greased by a pointy nozzle of some sort? I attached a pic of the end of a lift rod showing the port. Thanks - Dan
No that's not a grease point, it's actually a machining location for the cylinder rod. Post a Serial Number to identify exactly where the greased fittings are located on your tractor. FYI it would pay you to get an Operation/Maintenance Manuak for it.
There is 4 grease points on that blade 2 where the c frame pin to the cross bar and 2 on the tilt cylinder.
I recall there were some machines that didn't have grease fittings where you'd normally expect them.