Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HELP WITH HYUNDAI HL 770-3 noise

AKSNOW ยท 2013-04-30 19:31

Hello All, I have a 1997 hl 770-3 loader that is making a high pitched screeching noise at the upper end of the torque band (seems to be all gears and with or with out load).Cant determine if it is hydraulic pump or tranny/torque converter area. All other functions are fine? The tranny is a ZF 4wg-250 s/n 3500 and the torque convert or is ZF p/n 4168 034 0218. Thanks for any help!

Replies8
  1. #1quackattak2013-05-01 09:50

    I recently dealt with some of the same issues on a HL 740-3. Pulled off the small drive line between engine and T/C replaced U-joint with grease-able, there is also a bearing on the input side of T/C to check. Dry U-joint was this machines problem.

  2. #2Esfoder2013-05-01 17:57

    Hey Stallion try the chicken and goat show. They seem to have all the answers there??

  3. #3AKSNOW2013-05-01 18:19

    Thanks quackattack, I will give it a look and see if that helps. Is the bearing accessible on the t/c without pulling it?

  4. #4quackattak2013-05-03 04:13

    the chicken & goat channel will reveal more than you think.

  5. #5quackattak2013-05-03 04:15

    you can get to T/C and bearing with just removing driveline, just have to squeeze in between trans & engine,

  6. #6AKSNOW2013-05-03 11:01

    Thanks again quackattack! We just got another 6-8" of snow so hopefully I can get to it soon. Do you have any recommendations for Zf parts? I usually use Pacific Torque out of Seattle.How about Hyundai parts,also?

  7. #7quackattak2013-05-03 15:24

    oregon tractor, 5032827211, steve is good with hyundai Parts. Pacific torque is also who i use for ZF parts.

  8. #8AKSNOW2013-05-03 19:49

    Many,many thanks! Hope I can get to it soon if it ever stops snowing!