Hi everyone, I purchased a JCB 4CX from 1992 Serial 406251 that engine and hydraulics are fine but has very little power moving and will not move after a bit. Currently there's water mixed with the transmission oil (looks like diluted strawberry yogurt) since the transmission oil cooler has a leak inside. I'm told it's something that happens on these cylindrical coolers. Just received a new cooler and will install it after checking on the transmission since otherwise I will have to change the transmission oil twice because of cooler and hoses contamination. What I need help with is with a schematic of the solenoid connections on the Powershift Gearbox since there was a guy working on it before and I suspect he might have switched some of them. There are 6 solenoids (3 on top and 3 on bottom) which I assume is Forward, Reverse and the 4 gears. I have a service manual but it's for serial 460000 onwards and it shows 8 solenoids which is for the 6 speed version but the solenoids do not appear to be in the same position. If I follow the 4 speed powershift table, I get 4 solenoids on top and 2 on the bottom necessary to engage the 4 speeds. Not sure if I explained myself properly, if not, please let me know and I'll try to upload some sort of image that might explain it better. If anyone is able to provide a schematic with the correct connections, it would be awesome.
I think this may be what you are looking for. That 4 speed doesn’t work like you originally thought. It’s a bit more squirrelly than just FR and 1234. This should help sort it out.