My 763 is not operating properly.When I get in the seat and drop the bar I get no lights on the BICS console and as a result I cant move the bucket.The traction override (yellow) will light up when I push that button letting me move the loader but nothing from the push to operate button (green) so all the action from the pedals is out.I did it once,then it worked fine ten minutes later,now it is not working at all.It also wont shut down when you turn the key off all the time,especially when it's cold.I usually have to open the back and hit the kill switch.Any idea's on the BICS or the shut down situation would be greatly appreciated.
now I have a foot of snow coming in...anyone have any clues???
somewhere on the lap bar there is a sensor to tell the bics that the lap bar is down, allowing you to operate the machine, check that first. as far as the shutdown what does the fuel shut off do when you turn the key off, because if that rubber boot around the shaft is full of whatever it could stop the shutoff from working on it's own:beatsme:usa
check fuses and relays alsom the seat bar sensor if its bad will not alow the lift and tilt to work do you have a g or f series machine if its f there is a panel on your left hand side behind the seat see if you have power to it a light should be on saying power if its on and your seat sensor and lap bar sensor are good then you may have a bad bics contoller get a push to operate kit and put it in they are about 800 i think last time i got one for a machine at work
Check that there is no wear point up under the rops where the bar might be chaffing the wire harness. Also - be really sure that you are getting the bar ALL the way down so it hits the switch.
I have checked the fuses and relays and all looks ok.I will try theses tips and reply.Thanks for the help.
workin like a charm,but sorta rigged... OK,I got a new seat bar switch and put it in with no results.After looking it over I decided to leave the switch hanging from the plug and putting the seat bar back in.I now have the new switch wire tied to the cage down next to the seat and I bolted the mag part of the switch into place were it lines up,success!I don't recommend doing this since it is obviously a safety issue but I'll tear it apart in the spring when it warms up a bit and do it right then... :drinkup
hey mpainter, Sorry to knock the dust off this post but Im having the exact same problem with my 763. Just put 4k into the thing and it's all for nothin cause the lap bar sensor only works sporadically. My question for you is... Did this quick fix continue to work for you? Did you ever find the real problem or solution. Im fine with your fix as i've been dealing with this for three years now. Nice call on that fix btw. Best solution ive seen yet. BTW tried everything else with no real luck.