A little over a week ago I took delivery of a new to me 2020 299D3 XE with 2905 hours. Serial #BX900749 My second day of having it, faults started showing up….. here it what it seems to be doing every time I use it now…. I see this at startup….. After letting it warm up a little, I go play in the dirt…. Today I timed it, and 23 minutes into it, faults started to show… Then And then it goes into limp mode….. Here are my gauges when this happened Any idea what is happening? Also, the time and date doesn’t stay accurate…. I’ve set it a couple different times and it doesn’t hold true… Thanks in advance for your ideas….
Ok, your first image is E60032-2 which is for information that the engine is in warm-up mode and RPM is limited until the coolant hits a certain temperature. Totally normal. 2nd image 3216-12. I need to find info on that. There will be a troubleshooting procedure somewhere - actually it's in the same document as the one linked below........ 3rd image 3223-12. See this thread. HeavyEquipmentForums The limp mode will be a result of 3216 and/or 3223. One of the Teir 4 experts needs to confirm this but have you drained and refilled the DEF tank with fresh DEF yet.?
Thanks for the reply Nige..... I will drain and refill DEF this weekend and go from there.
Is the paper copy of the Operation & Maintenance Manual still in the pocket behind the seat.? If it is AWOL you are going to need one.
It is not.... I'll be ordering one.... There are even some switches in the cab that I am not sure about... Maybe I'll post some pics about that at some point.
Proving why you need said manual. You can download one in pdf format from the Cat Pubs web site. Just put M0091157 in the box and click Search.
In case you are not aware you need to be careful with limp mode. If the Diagnostic Codes that are causing the engine to go into limp mode are not rectified after a certain number of engine start cycles then limp mode will “lock in” permanently and it will need to be reset by a dealer.
Dyslexia - M0091175 not 57. Sorry.
I have a buddy that mentioned that to me, he said normally after three times it will lock out. Although when it happens, the next time I start up the codes are no longer “active”, so it’s almost like they disappear…. It’s gone into limp mode six times over a period of five days.
I'm not sure that's correct. AFAIK it's more of a case of the warning level becoming elevated the longer the Codes are active until after a certain amount of time the machine is locked into limp mode. You should try the troubleshooting procedure in that thread I linked above and see where it gets you.