Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with my Hitachi EX60-1

yo wolf · 2025-03-25 23:55

I have a Hitachi EX 60-1 the old 90s model it's a gray Market and I am rebuilding the travel motor because the seal went bad or something that leaked hydraulic fluid into the planetary gears but anyway I'm like 90% done I just need to figure out what this part is called and where I can get one I understand on the part catalog it says cap but I can't find it anywhere. Places that say they have it dont have a image for me to see if it's correct. I'll add a image of it its number 7 on the diagram

Replies7
  1. #1Kobe Steel2025-03-26 01:45

    try this link for pictures of seal caps. EC Seal End Cover Seal,cap end EC seal End Cover Seal,End Cover Cap Seals,End Cap Covers Seal,EC end cover oil seal mainly used for oil seal orifices, core ports and bearings, especially in gearboxes, In gearboxes, EC end cover oil seal often used as a substitute for end flanges or end covers. www.nokcn-seals.com Seal houses or bearing shops should be able to source these for you. Best regards

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-03-26 05:37

    What is wrong with the cap, that a little tig welding and a lathe can’t fix, in a jiffy.

  3. #3yo wolf2025-03-26 21:25

    So they discontinued that part so my question is would a freez plug work in its place

  4. #4HarleyHappy2025-03-27 07:02

    Looks like.

  5. #5yo wolf2025-04-06 16:38

    Okay so how do I separate the planetary gears side from the travel motor side.

  6. #6yo wolf2025-04-06 16:45

    So I'm at this stage and I can't figure out how to remove this and in the image there's what looks like the end of a bolt or pin I'm not sure cant get to it on the other side so I'm not sure

  7. #7Diesel Dave2025-04-06 20:57

    Drive the lock pin inwards until it is deep enough to clear the large threaded nut. Remove the nut to finish the final drive disassembly.