Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with serial #

pwheeler ยท 2015-08-24 20:05

Looking to find the age and pros and cons of the following. Any help would be appreciated. Caterpillar 941B Track Loader Ser#80H6453

Replies1
  1. #1dmcschultz2015-08-25 05:33

    I'd say it depends on what it is you plan to do with the machine. I own a CAT 941B (80H6907) and it has done what I need. My budget was pretty tight at the time I was looking, the one I found was what I thought reasonably priced. A number of the other fellas on this forum can add a lot more (they've taught me a lot) on what to look for in terms of wear items, the condition of the machine etc... For me the pros have been that for the most part the machine is pretty straight forward to work on, not much in the way of electronic controls and such. So far I've found parts are still available. As for Cons I'd say simply the age of these machines, they're getting up there so things are often worn.