I copied these, with the photographer's permission, from an aviation website. The plane is a BAe 146, a short-haul passenger airliner. The photographer was mainly interested in the aircraft, so the the excavator isn't the prominent feature in the pics, but I thought you'd like to imagine the fun the operator had...
According to the registration lettering the plane was registered in New Zealand... must be mad about being eliminated from the Rugby World Cup Mind you though... he's better equipped to tear up that aircraft than this guy...
The guy that originally posted the pictures is in Australia. All that 977(?) is going to be able to do is make that plane flat. Where'd you come across those pics?
Neat pics guys!!
I have seen a series of pics from the ones Wulf posted...and I thought it was on HEF...but it must have been somewhere else:beatsme . That plane is a miracle....(mirage = miracle they were still flying). The photos were taken in Europe somewhere.
Sorry guys but I can't remember where I found those pics originally but yes Squizzy I think that is a Mirage and didn't realise until today that the RAAF had a number of those in service.
The Miracles are out of service now but we still got pigs that can fly: http://www.defence.gov.au/Raaf/aircraft/f111.htm
Sweet... learned something else today
Wulf, One of my brothers was 25 years in the RAAF, comms and avionics technician. The "pigs" were loved and hated on many levels.....I think the nickname was apt for the pilots description of all the cockpits luxuries . Setting the TFR to "Hard" (how hard and fast it followed the terrain) was apparently a bruising as well as mind numbing experience. There is not yet another fighter to be built that has the range, speed and payload of the "Pig", with speed being major factor. The F111C could competently outrun anything on the planet.
Since we're talking about birds I can share. I worked on F14 Tomcats for 8 years in the Navy!!! And I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I'm looking for some pics to post up.
I'd love to see them! :thumbsup
I was a VF-11 Red Ripper on the John F. Kennedy and Forrestal. (the boar and shield) My sister squadron was VF-31 Tomcatters (Orange tail) and my cousin is a Senior Chief with them right now. They were the last F14 squadron and flew the last 10 planes in to e retired this past summer. They just picked up F18's just a couple months ago. (I have all of the pics in paper version). A bunch from night time, going through the suez canal and stuff like that. Well and actually some topless beaches over in France too. But that’s a different kind of heavy equipment forum. This is over the Virginia coast This is in Cali (Miramar) This below is VF31
If any of you have seen the making of videos for the TV show Lost, there is a scene where a Hitachi (Ex200 I believe) with a shear is used to tear apart the plane for the crash scene. pretty cool. Eric
I flew in four different VW Sqd's in WV2's both East and West coast many moons ago. Willy
regarding the original picture Just doesnt seem like a fair fight!
I'm not shure but, i think the trackloader is a little bit to large to ride on the back of this airplane :falldownlaugh nice pics!!
nice stuff