Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Here,s the cat 312b final drive prob

cyril60 · 2012-12-04 16:48

This is what I found 2 gear sets including bearings will cost me just over 1000 GBP anyone know if it.s possible to buy seperates or a cheaper way to fix this. Is this a better situation than a wreaked drive motor? At least the machine is now movable hope to recover it Friday

Replies13
  1. #1Jam2012-12-04 17:06

    Thats not too bad i would have thought. Are you sure there is no secondary damage to other bits? A lad i know bought a final from finnings at the start of the year think it was around £4500 plus vat

  2. #2Nige2012-12-04 17:16

    If you want the Parts Manual page that deals with the Final Drive then send me a PM quoting your Serial Number & an e-mail address. I'll flip you a copy so that you can identify what you need. Get prices from the dealer and you can decide for yourself if a complete replacement or a repair of the existing final drive using piece parts is the most cost-effective solution. For me the clincher (I think) would be the case. If it has bust then I'm pretty certain a complete unit would be cheaper than piece parts. However I may be wrong.

  3. #3Lee-online2012-12-04 18:10

    I have seen much worse. I see you are in Oxford, i used to live in Banbury.

  4. #4cyril602012-12-05 03:17

    Have a parts diagram thanks Nige. Only bought machine to do work round the farm so want to repair as cheaply as I think I can get away with, new or rebuilt final seems to be 4300 to 4500 GBP it,s just wieghing up what I think I can get away with, gearing in case looks ok got to have one gear set probably two. Thant for your interest and advise. PS small world Lee

  5. #5ruthers2014-01-04 11:47

    where can you buy the sets of sprockets and bearings for a 312c

  6. #6ruthers2014-01-04 12:01

    or where is cheapest to buy final drive complete

  7. #7ruthers2014-01-05 13:41

    should read 312b

  8. #8finaldrive2014-01-06 11:22

    From the Final Drive Centre In your region, Plant Parts LTD is your distributor.

  9. #9ruthers2014-01-07 17:01

    does anyone know where the sprockets and bearings can be bought for the final drive of cat 312BL

  10. #10finaldrive2014-01-08 10:22

    Yes, I gave you the info. Did you contact Plant Parts ?

  11. #11ruthers2014-01-08 20:22

    yes they only sell complete units thanks .

  12. #12finaldrive2014-01-09 14:51

    I imagine there are many undercarriage suppliers in the UK for the sprockets. Which bearings do you need for the final drive? Send me your email address and the serial number of your machine.

  13. #13Construct'O2014-01-09 17:04

    Nasty !!!!!!! That's one nasty looking oil you had in your final drive.The oil gets crappy fast enough the way it is ,but that thing hasn't had the final drive oil changed since new would be my guess.Plus with the rusted gears there had to be water in it also.I would be looking for the water getting in source for sure. New seals would be on the top of the list along with your other parts.If working in mud and slop i would be changing the oil out every 500 hours.I would also be checking the other side by the looks of the nasty oil.Good luck