Watching this video, it's unbelievable how many mistakes are made on this job. :Banghead Like when did the crane operator first notice the load was unbalanced? Who told these guys it's OK to walk under the load? Does the guy in the red shirt think he's impervious to danger? Who thought partially extending the rear outriggers would be a good idea? Btw, it doesn't look like anyone gets killed here, but holy cow... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCtSn48rN6Y
In mussa Russia, crane tips you. I liked when the truck pulls away and the doors are still closed.
That was painful to watch. Curious if they understand that you need to hold onto that tag line for it to be effective.
There is no way I'm getting close enough to a load like that to hold a tag line. The line would have to be so long you'd need a dozer to pull on it. You can see the OP get out and push on the load so he can get past his Cab. I also noticed the winch is just screaming trying to get the load off the truck. I'm starting to wonder if they rigged it that way so he could have room to get it spun around. Although that's probably giving them a little to much credit. Its just another classic example of how many things are usually screwed up before something goes wrong. I'm only surprised anymore when there is an accident that really couldn't have been avoided, say a helicopter flies into your tower. Yes that could have avoided on the helicopters end, but there was nothing the operator did witch caused that crane to come down.
I guess there is no Russian equivalent to OSHA.
DUDE!!!! Did you guys notice that the straps are linked together with open mouth hooks!!!!! Woah!
It looks like open mouth hooks in the container as well. Every time i see a video like this i'm that much happier i live in a modern society. I may do stupid crap on my time off, but i don't have to put up with this type of bs at work.
Wow. Just wow. Thankful for my JSA's, lift plans, barricade tape, tag lines, and Skilled ground crews. Way undersized crane for that job. Assuming he had all his counterweight... (Didn't look like much)...
"Заткнись и потяните рычаги" translate to" SHUT UP and pull the levers" Sorry just had to say it. Hopefully no one got hurt. Just feelings! I really was waiting for the rigging to give way. Dustindlb said it all wow just wow!
I would have called it a day getting it off the truck.