Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Heres what im talkin about

pinesd3400 ยท 2009-02-14 11:51

all I wish is a service/ oper manual its a 124 around 1964. 6 cyl 264 IH gas it has no leaks 100% faithful but I still dont know what trans fluid to use or even how to correctly check it. eng running or not and I dont understand adding fluid into the bellhousing. How is it sealed got no clue no pics no book. I have in mind to take engine out for a re ring etc. I look at bell housing and it looks like it grew in there or it could be possible the converter has a ring gear into the flywheel???? and the housing has a seal where fluid goes in?? sombody has to had gone in there somewhere in this world. Id be happy old man with new engine / normal day loading is about 3Qts oil, 45lbs oil pressure torq conv press. right on, runs 125*conv temp. Also this unit was sold new in Boston /Needham area new per dealer plate. I bought it ten years ago in auction it was local municipal machine. thanks a bunch Sam

Replies3
  1. #1Northart2009-02-15 18:32

    IH Service manual Here's an IH service manual on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-IH-SER...14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

  2. #2Northart2009-02-15 18:48

    Trojan Loader manuals ? Hi Sam, Here's another source of Trojan loader manuals, looks like the guy has many, dunno about your model. http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/wrenchead64

  3. #3pinesd34002009-02-16 07:27

    Thanks Thanks that guy in Wisc. is my best bet.