Hey everybody. I'm currently in school learning how to run machines. It's pretty exciting and I'm still pretty nervous. So far, we're learning a lot of in class stuff like safety and whatnot. In about 2 weeks, I'll be out in the "pit" learning how to operate. I can't WAIT!!! This is something that I've wanted to do since high school. It seems very challenging and I love new challenges. Any word of advice for a newbie like myself that is getting into the field? I have no previous experience whatsoever.
Welcome to HEF just do lots of reading the is tons of good info posted all over this forum. How bout taking some pics of the school I would like to see what one looks like.
Don't get a big head and think you can do everything when you are done with school. Be honest when you go for a job. Ask questions. If you can't do something or don't understand don't try to BS your way through. Most important make sure you grease the drum of the roller every day at least two tube to keep the dirt from sticking. Here is something to drool over.
What school/area are you in? I know SSFC at Lindsay has a program, but there are also several private places that have popped up the last few years.
sure will take some pics of the school and the pit thank you for the tips jake. i'm at conestoga college's new program for heavy equipment operator. that's about 1 hour west of Toronto in Guelph.
Hi, I came across this site when I was trying to do research for my husband. I am from America and my husband is an Icelander. In Iceland he was a HEO, specifically he operated a paver, front wheel loader, and several other machines. I lived in Iceland for 3 years and now we are in the USA (thank you, God!). He really enjoyed his work and wants to continue it here, but we have no idea where to go to get his licensing and we are having a problem finding any information. He has over 20 years of experience (he gothis licensing in 1987) and he and I agree that he needs to get his certification and find a job doing what he knows and loves. Why change more than he has to change?? Can anyone help me to help him?
Welcome to PA. I live in Pottstown just south of Pennsburg. Things are slow here for the construction industry. Do they speak English in Iceland? You do not need a license to operate heavy equipment here in Pa. Send me a private message and maybe I can help you out with some more info.
Hi Jake! That would be great! My Email is [email protected] . Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
Goood luck with it man
hey bro, I am just down the 401 from ya and I am attending HEO and AZ trainning at OTDS. I start march/07th and am excited but very nervous about how to find work in the field. I have heard mixed ideas of how hard it will be to find work but am still optomistic. Good luck to ya in school.
also attending school in ontario, heard bad things about conastoga though...how is it? and for work we all have to sell our selves! may the best whore win!:drinkup welcome to HEF